Friday, May 14, 2010

A fool's hope


I looked at you, you looked away,
I waited for you, you walked astray,
I spoke to you, but you betrayed,
when I left you, you looked my way in dismay.

I looked at you, you looked away,
our time was young, you wanted to array,
your eyes were mesmerising, your ways were swift,
influenced by the world, you went adrift.

We were best friends, I knew you very well,
but in this harsh time, our friendship did swell,
you never understood me, you never will,
all you cared about was your own goodwill.

I waited for you, you walked astray,
not once did you look back, our friendship got frayed,
you got busy in life, you had no time for me,
you made me feel like I was nothing but a stinging bee.

I missed our ways, I missed our times,
I missed your talks, I missed your eyes,
I missed you more than words could say,
So I decided to call you up today.

I spoke to you, but you betrayed,
you reciprocated harshly, in a way that was conveyed,
you tarnished my expectations, you made me feel pain,
I hope you are happy, why not celebrate with some champagne ?

I replayed the past in my mind,
I can't fathom what drove you so blind,
I thought it was a temporary phase, it would get over soon,
instead, the materialistic world formed the core of your cocoon.

I thought it was over, everything between us,
I didn't question you further, I didn't want any fuss,
it was time to exit, it was time for the end,
nothing could change it now, it was to impend.

When I left you, you looked my way in dismay,
where was this feeling, when you went astray ?
I wished, I prayed, I pleaded for things to be right,
but not at this last moment, not atleast tonight.

I don't know you any more, I can't stay back,
you've made this far without me, you know your track,
I wish you success, I wish you love and luck,
I wish you a new life, filled with a lot more happiness than just bucks.

My wishes are yours, they always were,
the only thing I want from you, something I adjure,
is to be remembered smilingly, atleast in life,
for the bond that once was strong, not for our egoistic strifes.

5 comments:

  1. Goodness me!!
    Where the hell are you getting all these words from?? Asso.. write these, publish them..
    The Transition- Its real.
    ""I thought it was a temporary phase, it would get over soon,
    instead, the materialistic world formed the core of your cocoon.""
    This line --Woaah, I've no words.. Nice.. Where's the Like button?? Where's the Rob button?? :D
    --
    RoHiT...:-)
    dial-a-denial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice philosophy, in fact this calls for a short story...think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ bb-hehehe :D is it :p thankoo thankooo :p writin a poem is surprisingly easy :O who wud hv thut :O :p

    @ gyanban-surely wud think bout it :D thnx newayz :p

    ReplyDelete