Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A resurrected soul

This post has been 1 of the Spicy Saturday Picks May 22, 2010 on Blogadda :




Sitting beside a window pane,
losing nothing...and nothing to gain,
the smell of wet mud, rain and trees,
insinuating the air, causing time to freeze.

Blue sky succumbing to grey clouds,
wind making sounds like wailing black hounds,
All is dark, all is insipid,
all but one life is livid.

Palm raised forward, to feel the blessing in disguise,
rain drops touch my skin, I feel like they are my allies,
Tiny transparent pearls merrily kiss my face,
relinquishing the last and final afflicting trace.

I smile. I touch. I feel. I thank,
for the sanguine laughter that is no more blank,
My eyes exult with gratitude,
leaving me speechless for words and platitude.

The past reels itself in a flash,
I am affirmative my sorrows are turning into ash,
I feel the jubilation taking over,
looks like I finally found myself a 4-leaved clover :P.

I look at the blossoming yellow daisy, in the vase on the pane,
we look like nothing but a familiar twain,
I whisper in her ears, "blossom, little bud,
our future is bright, we need to scud."

The wind animates her, she looks at me and says,
"Let's rock and roll, sway and replay."
I let out a chuckle with lambent hope and moxie,
ascertaining to use my mirth as proxy.

I look out of the window, at the ground, at the sky,
I see a rainbow, a bold streak of sun-ray amidst the dark clouds so spry,
The grey blanket of shadow, is finally leaving,
along with the sadness, the sorrows, the troubles all retrieving.

I rise-up, take one last look at the scene,
all the messages, all the prognostics, all the summons have been convened,
With an effusive smile,I turn back and leave for good,
who knew that a rebuffing stormy evening could teach something so well understood.

Also written for : JINGLE POETRY - Poetry Potluck dated May 8,2011

7 comments:

  1. What the Hell!! This has to be one of the best poems I've ever read... Not sure why but it gave me Goose Bumps... Loved it.. Something's transitioning in ya and that something looks good.. Keep writing, keep blahing... I WILL STOP NOW. Lest I write a blog as a comment! :P :D
    --
    RoHiT
    dial-a-denial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehee is it :p...haye :p *tries blushin* lolll :p y did it giv ya GB eh *wonders* :-? hehee chal chal thankoo thankoo now :p get lost :p asso :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whisper in her ears, "blossom, little bud,
    our future is bright, we need to scud."

    The wind animates her, she looks at me and says,
    "Let's rock and roll, sway and replay."

    Love the twist of tale here...
    The spring of positivity comes as a wonderful surprise here!!
    nicely woven!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lines full of positivity. The shower did bring them young shoots of hope out into the sunlight from the earth's dark belly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely,almost magical.Lovely word play.Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. promising in spring,
    lovely words. well done.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Gv-thnx a lot :D

    @ nadira-u bet :) ders always a subtle amnt of positivity @ d end of everything negative :p.

    @ Jay-thnx n i really appreciate it :).

    @ jingle-thnx a lot :D:P:D.

    ReplyDelete